As you might have guessed, this post is all about me! Yes I am the star of the show here. Duh *insert sassy girl emoji here*! Just kidding. I wouldn’t be who or where I am without a little help. So here is my story!
I was born in San Antonio, TX and raised about 30 miles northwest in Seguin. Not Sequin, Seguin. Get it right. At any point during the summer you can drive past the *old* courthouse and see a flock of tourists posing in front of the World’s Largest Pecan. Yep that is what my hometown is own for, a giant freaking pecan. Good try attempting to take the title from us James Pecan Farm in Brunswick, Missouri but we prevailed! If you drive slow enough or get stopped by a light, you will most like see one of the above mentioned tourist knock on the pecan to see if its real. Come on people. Its about 3 feet long. If it were real you would have heard about it long before I wrote this post. Here is a picture of it so you can marvel at all its glory!
Enough about a pecan and back to me. Remember I am the star of the show today! Growing up in a small town in Texas was both a curse and a blessing. Especially if you are related to half the town somehow. I distinctly remember every trip to Walmart or HEB (if you aren’t from Texas and have no idea what HEB is, I am very sorry you live such a sad life) ended up being almost 2 hours because we always had to stop and visit with someone my dad knew. I couldn’t get in trouble without my parents finding out about it, but I was a good kid so that was never an issue haha!
After high school, I moved 150 miles away to College Station, TX to attend Texas A&M University. About 3 months before I left town I fell madly in love with the man who is now my husband and before I knew it, I was dealing with a long distance relationship. It was not easy. But it is doable and here we are almost 7 years later and having a baby!! Whoa!
At Texas A&M, I majored in Heath with the hopes of attending Occupational Therapy school but as like most things, I changed my mind. So in 2017, I walked the stage and received a Masters degree in Health Education from Texas State University. Sometimes initial plans change and that’s a good thing! I was finally able to be in the same town as my man!
Back to the whole wedding/marriage part of my life. Zach and I began dating May 21, 2012. I’d like to say it was love at first sight but it wasn’t. It took a lot of work to even get to that first date in April 2012. I often joke that people are getting married after 6 months with someone and I wasn’t even sure I liked Zach after 6 months of dating. But he is my favorite person now so I guess he did something right *sarcasm*. His support while I was away for school was amazing. I also happened to successfully convert him from a t-sip (ew) to an Aggie! I am beyond thankful I get to call him my husband and start our family with him.
Bonus Content! I don’t consider myself a book worm but since I have finished Grad school, I found that I have extra time to read for fun. I am going to share a list of a few of my favorite books that I feel help define/shape who I am. Getting to know someone is getting to know what they love right??
1. Eligible. By far my favorite book. I took this on our honeymoon and finished it in 2 days! It’s a modern retelling of Pride and Prejudice and very easy to get lost in. Buy Eligible.
2. Total Money Makeover by Dave Ramsey. Since Zach and I got married we began to look at what all needed to be paid off in order to live life more comfortably. One major tool that has helped us in becoming debt free by the time I turn 30 has been this book. A blog will be coming soon to help explain how we have tackled debt and not let it have control over us. But for now, grab Total Money Makeover and give it a read.
3. Talking as Fast as I Can. If you are a Gilmore Girls fan, get this book ASAP. Lauren Graham is both hilarious and insightful. She gives all the juicy details from behind the scenes of Gilmore Girls. Feed your Gilmore Girl obsession with Talking as Fast as I Can.
4. Girl Wash Your Face. This book gave me the boost I needed to start this blog. It gave me confidence in who I was and what I was meant to do in life. Don’t get my wrong, I am still struggling to find my path but thanks to Rachel Hollis I’m headed in the right direction. I scooped up the audible copy of this book and listened to it on my way to and from work. Shop both hard copy and audible book of Girl Wash Your Face.
5. This is Me. Another tv show start wrote a book that I love. This is Us has pulled on all my heart strings since it aired on TV. Chrissy Metz is unapologetically her and this book shows exactly how much she had to overcome to be where she is today. Again I purchased this book on audible as Chrissy was the narrator and I love her voice! Both book options of This is Me are available here.
I feel like I have hit all the high points in my life aside from getting engaged/married and buying a house because those will come in a later post. I live a pretty ordinary life with no big major life altering events. Thanks for listening to my story!