We are officially through the first trimester! Woohoo! While most people wait until this time to announce to the world, we opted to announce a little early and we are so thankful so all of the love and support!
So here’s a quick rundown of the first 12 weeks from the view of Baby Stevens:
- My parents found out about me right at about 4 weeks.
- At our very first appointment, the day after mom’s birthday, my parents got to see my heartbeat.
- My future grandparents and aunts and uncle cannot wait to meet me! Everyone was so excited about me!
- Mom did not throw up once! Major win for someone who has acid reflux.
- However, the heartburn and nausea at night can go away any time now.
- Spicy foods (mostly Hot Cheetos) have been all mom eats. If I come out bright red, you’ll know why.
- Mom likes to drink her coffee in the morning but I’m not a big fan of it so I kick the heartburn in to high gear though evenings.
- Speaking of evenings, our nights end around 8:30 or 9. There are no late night parties happening any time soon!
- I no longer have a tail, aka I look like an actual human.
- My parents did the blood work to check for any genetic issues and to find out if I’m a girl or boy! They will know pretty soon.
- Overall, mom has been doing pretty good! Dad is making sure she’s taken care of and getting enough rest.
We can’t wait to meet you baby! Dad and I are already dreaming of what you will look like. It’s hard to imagine that you will be a mix of both of us! Can’t wait to see you again at the doctor in 4 weeks!